Sunday, June 1, 2008

ragamuffintop challenge post 1


I've decided to take up the challenge from Carlos at http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/. You can join us, too!
Here are the guidelines:
1. You must have a measurable goal.
I don't own a scale - left it behind in California, I think.... so my goals, for the time being, aren't going to do with numbers on a scale.
I need to start exercising. My beginning goal is to walk at least 30 minutes, 4 times per week. I hope to walk 1.5 miles in those 30 minutes. However, if my neighbor downstairs walks with me, the 1.5 miles won't be attained - but I will continue walking after she stops and goes back inside. She's 65 with health problems, so that pace isn't possible for her.
2. You must place a photo or video on your blog each weekend and give us the scoop on how you did.
I will take photos of the screen on my gps unit. I will reset the trip counter before each walk.
3. You must link back here so that the readers of your blog get to see how the rest of us are failing or succeeding.
4. You fill out the linky thing below and then people can get to your blog from my front page and we can cheer each other on.
Will do that as soon as I post this.
I'm hoping to go to Domincian Republic next year to visit the girl I sponsor there. End result - I'd like for there to be less of me by April 2009 if God blesses me with the ability (financially) to go on that trip. babysteps. babysteps.


Updates:

2 comments:

Jess B said...

Good luck! I hope you make your trip!!!!

Anonymous said...

good luck! we're all cheering you on. you'll make it!