Wednesday, June 4, 2008

broken vessels

Back in March I met Broken Vessels on Friday night at the CIA Summit in Franklin, TN. We talked a bit about photography. Since my camera can be an extension of my arm, especially if I'm "on duty" - it's a natural conversation starter.

I didn't realize they were on the schedule for leading worship on Saturday morning. Come Saturday morning - I immediately had a band join my all-time top band list.

My favorite songs are "Here is My Life" and "Unashamed". Tory Dardar, lead singer, is an amazing songwriter who uses those gifts that God gave him. He wrote/co-wrote 9 of the 10 songs on their Unashamed CD - and the band (Tory, Sonny, Jace, Bill) is excellent in their musical abilities..

There's a link to their website over there to the right under "linkage". Go there. Now. Listen. Buy. You won't be disappointed. Tell them I said hello..

If I'm listening in the car - I have be careful or I'm like this guy - not a good thing when you're driving.... gotta have one hand on the wheel!: http://thebackpew.com/backpew/0_duionpraise.htm.

Should I also mention they won the Momentum Award for Worship Artist of the Year? .

just a glimpse:

verse 1 of "Here is My Life":.
Deep is the depth of Your tender mercy
Wide is the divide You crossed for me
Long is the length of Your long-suffering
Great is your love for me

chorus:
Here is my life, my heart, and soul
I'm laying it down for You, my Lord
The greatest love was shown by You
When You gave it all
I lay my life down
It's the least I can do

callie just walked across the keyboard....i don't immediately see that she helped with the typing - but if you see some oddly placed letters.... please let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tory is an AWESOME song writer.. and the band is fantastic. We're so fortunate to have Tory as our worship leader (and we miss him when he's gone on Sundays.. but we don't mind sharing! God has blessed him with a wonderful, beautiful voice!)

I came across this blog looking for a song to listen to! ;)