Monday, June 16, 2008

cincinnati

God blessed me with a good trip to Cinci. The clouds, sun, temp mix was perfect - without a/c I didn't even break a sweat on the drive down!

Yes - I had to have the windows rolled down.... the cicadas are making their once every 17 years visit - I could hear them as I was driving to my friend C's. They were loud at her house - but at the concert about 15 miles away.... none.... strange!

It had been about a year since I had seen C. For 6 months back in the 80s we spent every Friday together driving 80 miles to Lexington for her chemo treatments for leukemia.

The concert was outdoors and the church has a wonderful setting for these. It wasn't too hot and there was a gentle breeze. Chris (Ames) performed songs from his latest CD Everyday with You. This CD is composed of love songs - that aren't wedding and new baby love songs. www.christopherames.com.

C enjoyed it and after the week she had, she deserved a good evening. If you read my previous post, you know that her long-term boyfriend died last weekend after a bout with lung cancer. Please pray for her -and for his daughters/grandchildren.

No comments: