Sunday, June 15, 2008

ragamuffintop challenge post 5


Link to challenge: http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/?p=5299
Link to this week's results: http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/?p=5371
Well.... this week didn't go as well as last week.... I did get in some inside walking - but not with the gps unit since it doesn't work inside. Sorry - no pics this week. Goal for next week - same. 30 minute walk 4 times.

Thursday night I walked 90 minutes in a shopping center.

Friday night I walked around a winery during a concert taking pictures for 3 hours. I sat for no more than 15 minutes the entire evening.

I did get in more than 2 hours of walking for the week - but it wasn't at a pace I would have preferred.

Every time I would be able to walk outside it was too hot/humid, stormy, or after midnight. I feel safe and secure in my apartment complex - I'm not afraid to walk to the dumpster or come in late... but not really crazy about walking for 30 minutes around all its streets after 11ish.

There are 3 men in the complex that are on "the" registry.
2 for s/battery (one transplanted from another state) with lifetime status
1 for s/misconduct with a minor - 10 year status

How did these guys get in here? I had to undergo a criminal background check when I moved in here almost 4 years ago - they called me in California to get my county info so they could run it. I couldn't have moved in with any kind of conviction re injury to another person. The misconduct guy lives across the street. I think the battery guys each live within a couple of buildings.

I know they have paid their debt to society - if I had children, I'd be way more concerned about living so close. I try to stay aware of my surroundings and always walk with my phone. Just not a big risk taker about walking alone that late. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that would make me kinda nervous. I check "the" registry every so often seeing I do have kids and trust no one. And to think when I was growing up my mom let us just run the streets with no fear! I cant even sit for 5 seconds without knowing where my kids are. I guess times have changed.

Hey good job on your workouts this week! I need to get better. I wish I had a walking buddy though. It really would keep me on track.

Keep it up!
Gretchin