Saturday, August 23, 2008

third day church service


Third Day rocked it tonight on the Music Builds Tour @ Verizon Wireless.

Every 3D concert that I have ever attended has been more like a church service than a concert and tonight was no different. They rocked the house with the emphasis where it should be - pointing straight up to Jesus.

They brought old favorites such as Thief and King of Glory - and new favorites-to-be from their latest release Revelation.

For the encore - first they were joined first by Robert Randolf for a song. Then Jars of Clay joined in and they did my favorite arrangement of I'll Fly Away with Mac taking the lead on a verse. For the final song of the evening Switchfoot came to the stage for a collaborative When Love Comes to Town.

I enjoyed the way they built the encore bringing the others back to the stage one at a time.... hey... the "music builds" tour... although I think that has more to do with the Habitat for Humanity benefit part of the tour. :)

If this tour comes anywhere close to your city.... GO! .... you will not be disappointed. Better yet - when you go - take someone with you who needs to hear about Jesus. Hopefully another will be added to the Kingdom.

I'll do another post with more photos later. It's 3am and I just finished downloading pictures while falling asleep in the recliner. My aunt came to town tonight with her entire family - children and grandchildren. We have a date with a few animals at the Indianapolis Zoo tomorrow most likely joined by my parents and nieces. My "job" is to navigate us there and take pictures. Then turn those pictures into a DVD slideshow to keep the kids entertained later. Easy job for me and I'll get to spend time with family.

No comments: