Thursday, August 21, 2008

Music Builds Tour, Fox 59, and IBJ

This morning I was watching Fox59 morning news and the IBJ upcoming events segment. I was hoping to see the Music Builds tour mentioned, but, alas, it was not.

They mentioned FringeFest and said you might see something good or you might see something bad. They mentioned Bob Dylan being somewhere out of town but apparently close to Indy.

Did they mention what I think will be the best Christian concert of the year? Noooooo.... Did i email them and express my disappointment? Most certainly.... and gave them a few nuggets of info to go along with my thoughts - and links for them to get the full story.

For a good start - the tour benefits Habitat for Humanity.

Third Day - a multi-grammy award winning band that Billboard has called one of the best bands. Period. ...and the fact that they recently graced the cover of Billboard Magazine.

Switchfoot - oh, their music is played on MTV... definintely not thought of as a "Christian" channel.

Jars of Clay - just another grammy award winning band.

Robert Randolf - named one of the Top 100 Guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone... a "secular" publication.

Christian artists with accolades from secular media.... and they don't deserve even a passing mention in an upcoming events segment.

So - if you're in Indiana or nearby... make your way to Verizon Wireless in Noblesville on Friday, August 22 for what will be one rockin' show!

(p.s. I'm giving away my extra copy of Third Day's Revelation in the post two entries below this one.)

(p.p.s. stop by and say hello to me at first stage just inside the gate... my friend and singer/songwriter Luke is playing there... you will know me because I'll have a camera or two hanging around my neck since I'm his concert photographer)

No comments: