Saturday, July 19, 2008

wish i had my camera today!


I took this today with my mom's little nikon p&s. I was missing my DSLR! I wonder what it would have looked like taken with that one. Maybe the flowers will still be in bloom when it gets out of the hospital.

I did bring my (1st generation) Elan into service today for a couple of concerts. I hadn't used it since I bought my 20D in April of '05. There was still film in it! I also had film that had been in the refrigerator for a few years.... We'll see how it works! I did take pictures of the flowers and bees with it - but it all depends on the film....

Instead of getting prints - I'm going to have the film processed and scanned to CD. I'll post a follow up photo here so we can compare the results.

edited 7/31/08: here are the photos taken with my Elan and film that was at least 4 years old. The biggest difference is the bokeh (out of focus area in the background) and in the scans you can see some emulsion marks or something - probably because the film was so old. I had Roberts scan it directly to CD for me.



No comments: