Wednesday, July 2, 2008

wfmw - 5 ingredients or less


This is my first WFMW post. I'm not a mom (well.... I'm "mom" to 2 furry creatures who meow who think I'm just not as furry as they) but I do appreciate things that make life easier - even if it is just me and the furballs.

First is my Quick & Easy Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies, then a recipe from a friend who passed away a year ago for a Strawberry Pie. He was diabetic, so it's sugar-free.

Q&E Yummy PB cookies:

1 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine ingredients. Roll into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by criss-crossing with a fork. Bake 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.

When I give people the recipe - they look at me in disbelief and say "no flour??? there has to be flour!" .... but that’s it…. that’s all….. Quick & Easy YUMMY Cookies.


---------

Speedy's Strawberry Pie

1 small pkg vanilla sugar free cook-and-serve pudding
1 small pkg sugar free strawberry gelatin
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries

Mix the pudding with 2 cups water. Microwave according to directions for 6 minutes. Let cool for 3 or 4 minutes.

Mix the gelatin powder into the pudding Slice the strawberries and spread into a pie plate. Pour the pudding, gelatin mixture over the strawberries. (Makes a glaze)

Refrigerate for an hour. Enjoy!!!!!

He didn't say, but I'm assuming you can use a graham cracker or other prebaked crust - but that would add calories and possibly sugar - depending in your crust.
For more 5-ingredient-or-less recipes - check out the links at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2008/07/works-for-me-th.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri. My name is Cheri. Nice to meet you.

I'm going to make your strawberry pie this weekend. Sound delish!